Protected by the copyright laws of the United States and the United Kingdom and by International Treaties.
Memorial Tablets (ON EXTERIOR WALLS OF CHURCH)
A tablet in memory of the Rev. James Fleming D.D., bears the following inscription:-
TO THE GLORY OF GOD
AND IN LOVING MEMORY OF
THE REV. JAMES FLEMING, D.D.
MINISTER OF KETTINS
ERECTED BY THE
A FAITHFUL MINISTER AND
FELLOW SERVANT IN THE LORD.
This monument was designed by Sir Robert Lorimer A.R.A., R.S.A., Edinburgh.
SOUTH EAST WALL.....
Here a memorial bears witness to the devotion and good work of a former parish schoolmaster:
BY HIS SCHOLARS
AS A MARK OF GRATITUDE AND RESPECT
TO THE MEMORY OF
WHO FAITHFULLY DISCHARGED THE IMPORTANT
DUTIES OF SCHOOLMASTER OF THIS PARISH
FOR FORTY YEARS
AND DIED UPON THE 2ND DAY OF MAY, 1801,
IN THE 63RD YEAR OF HIS AGE.
DUM LOQUIMUR FUGERIT INVIDA
AETAS; CARPE DIEM.
SOUTH WEST GABLE.....
The Ramsay Memorial.
Here lies interred the Remains of
George Ramsay, Wright, late Husband to Agnes Bruce in the Chapel of South Corston who died July 13th, 1763, aged 51 years.
He had these children, Elspeth, Margaret, Isabel, James, John and Agnes.
The two last of whom are here interred.
James in testimony of regard for his father erected this monument.
Also there is interred here the Erector of this Monument
who died 29th July, 1819 aged 71 years.
Likewise his spouse Janet Gardiner who died the 4th July, 1836, aged 84 years.
SOUTH WEST GABLE.....
The Gray Memorial Tablet. James Gray was Minister of Kettins 1717-
The tablet bears a Latin inscription which may be translated into modern English, thus :-
BELOVED OF GOD.
Nearby, surmounted by this memorial tablet, lie the ashes of the reverend and
most pious Master James Gray, who with clarity revealed the Most Holy Gospel of
Christ, first at Kinloch for twenty years and five months, then at Kettins for twenty
six years and four months. This severe judge of life was an advocate of virtue, a
faithful comrade and a defender of the sacred teachings. Diligent in all his duties,
he taught the ignorant, recalled the erring and rebuked the sinners; esteeming all
virtues he was an unwearying friend of truth. Twice married, and beloved both by
his children and his parishioners, this well deserving pastor passed peacefully away
on 17th March in the year of Our Lord 1743 at the age of seventy and two years.
This memorial (was erected) by Christina Arbuthnot, his childless widow, and by Elizabeth his only surviving daughter, the wife of William Morrison of Naughton (Newton ?).